Our McDonald’s® Relationship
RMHC Founding Mission Partner since 1974
The Ronald McDonald House has been McDonald’s “charity of choice” since the first House was founded in Philadelphia in 1974. RMHC is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation and McDonald’s is our largest corporate donor.
McDonald’s involvement extends beyond monetary support:
- Restaurant owners partner with local Chapters for promotional and fundraising events annually.
- Portions of the annual operating costs for RMHC of Greater Chattanooga are graciously funded by owner/operators of local McDonald’s restaurants.
- McDonald’s Owner/Operators involvement extends even further to include representation on our Board of Directors
- Serving on various committees
- Sponsoring and/or attending fundraising events and activities
The McDonald’s Owner/Operators are a loyal and generous group, but no one company can solely fund RMHC of Greater Chattanooga. The remainder of our annual operating income is secured through the generosity of individuals, organizations, foundations, civic and service organizations, and many other corporate donors. We depend on the entire Greater Chattanooga community and greatly value the wide range of support for our very important mission.